It is also really hard to find a definitive answer as we all have our own preferences - I know I love CD crafting - I find the Craft Artist 2 Professional from Serif a brilliant companion to my project making as I like making my own designs - but I know some people wouldn't have the time or even enjoy doing it.
Here is a sample of what can be achieved using it:-
The above card is using the Pollyanna Pickering British Wildlife DVD which has 40 different images (based on her wonderful paintings) within CAP2 to add the background etc.
So, as part of my journey to find what works best for myself, I am going to jot down my thoughts - some of you might find them useful (well I hope you do)... it would be also really great if you could share your thoughts too!
Coming up in the next few weeks (not necessarily in this order)...
- Digital stamps versus clip art
- Digital stamps versus normal stamps
- Glue - when to use a "wet" glue such as Collal or do you use a tape pen? Silicon versus PVA
- Angel policies - what is an Angel policy and who allows you to do what
- Punches - various makes from Woodware, EK Success, Martha Stewart and many more...
- Cardstock - what is the best cardstock to use for various projects and what weight paper/card is best for the various layers
- CD kits - from Serif, My Craft Studio, Creative Card World, Keepsake and many more...
- Terminology - what does Matt and layering mean?
So look out for my next blog - coming soon