Sunday 27 January 2013

From then to now - how things are progressing...

From the 1st card to now - how my designs are hopefully getting better using different imaging products....


Imaging Software packages..

Looking back to the first few cards I designed and made, I am struck by how different they are now - as the old cliche goes - "practice makes perfect" - well not perfect but getting there...

The first design I produced was on Microsoft Publisher (at that time I hadn't realised there are so many great packages out there - a lot are free too though if you want more detailed designs then you do have to spend a bit of money - but they are definitely worth it... 

I think the various software programmes from Serif are really good - I use their Craft Artist 2 professional and their DrawPlus5 for some designs - they include options for punching and stamping images which can be great - you can also produce decoupage style things too!

For other projects I also use the Corel Paintshop Pro X3, Paint.net (they are really good for resizing images by pixels or percentages - great for making sure that your design isn't enormous when adding to your blog or website...and is a free programme too! I would love to be able to use Illustrator or Photoshop but will have to wait for those...

Naturally there are so many other packages out there that might be better and it would be great to hear from anyone who knows of others that might be of use!





No comments:

Post a Comment